Saturday, October 2, 2010

Third.

I hear nothing but silence as I lay here watching the time change slowly on the computer's clock, the minutes going up in an orderly, consecutive form; tomorrow is the day that marks another month. It is not 'yet' another month, I did not wish for it to come this fast. Caught me by surprise, even. Must have creeped up on me like a sly thief, robbing me of the days left. More to keep, as I call it, in my memory safe. In my head, it is a war zone. The battle of positive against negative, what do I feel? The former is in the lead. As little as it may be, it is not too late yet. Is it adrenaline that I feel? Or is it the frequently-occurring, queer sensation of melancholy, that lingers at the back of the most powerful organ that rests in the skull, that only I have access to? Melancholy - two contrasting feelings in collision - was a word that you liked, a feeling that I experienced which started with a larger portion of smiles and the sound of laughter, that will soon turn to tears, fade into nostalgia, but it will never leave my heart, for home is where the heart is, and this, home, I only feel when you are near. Oh bother, what would I do without you? Time may slow, like how seconds tick by as I stop to think, but it would never stop. If memories and feelings could be enclosed, a space the size of the ocean would hardly be enough to contain what lays in this heart. I am not trying to sound like an overly dramatic heartbroken author, but this frees my thoughts. Things you forbid, I would never heed to it. The stubborn me would make this body run towards the forbidden places, and cause what you would call my "eyes to spit". Ha, I already miss your nonsensical use of the English language. It's such a pain, isn't it, that change is inevitable, that time waits for no man. I was never one to abhor it - this never-ending cycle - but not this time. The tables turned for awhile as I was absorbed in my own mental warfare. But it does not matter, the latter would never win, as long as my name is Valerie.

Hello midnight, do you understand what runs through my mind every night?

(This is not an emo post. Go figure. Haha.)

No comments: